Chrome plated steel tubes – Technical Properties.
- Diameter Tolerance Standard is ISO-f7.
- Ovality – max ½ from the OD diameter tolerance.
- Eccentricity – max +10% of the wall thickness.
- Surface Roughness – OD is Ra = max 0.20 µm.
- Surface Hardness – Chrome Layer hardness is minimum 900 HV 0,1.
- Straightness for OD< 80 [mm] is max 0,3 [mm]/1000 [mm] and for OD> 80 [mm] is max 0,7[mm]/1000[mm].
- Chrome Layer thickness is minimum 20[µm].
Chrome plated steel tubes corrosion resistance.
- Standard Corrosion Resistance for 20<Φ<80 is R9/120h and for Φ≥80 is R9/96h according to NSS tests, on request it is possible to provide with resistance R9/200h.
- We can provide higher layer or double chrome layer at premium price.
Corrosion Test standards table.
Chrome plated steel Tube – Mechanical characteristics table:.
Standard packaging is made with plastic sleeves or cardboard tubes (depending on the product’s diameter).
As an Extra protection with additional cost we can provide also wooden boxes.